With the newly introduced DeviantArt Mobile App for Android and iOS, our goal was to bring you a better, fresher, yet familiar DeviantArt experience — providing more power to do what you want and, more importantly, create deeper connections between your friends and favorite artists. We have plenty of plans for the future — including Notes and Push Notifications, which didn’t make it into the first version — and we want to hear what you’d like to see next to help shape the future of the app.
What’s New (January 21st, 2015)
- Good news for deviants who use Amazon's Kindle Fire mobile devices! The Android version of the DeviantArt mobile app is now available for download in the Amazon App Store.
- iOS 7 Support: The DeviantArt Mobile App is currently only available for iOS 8; however, we're committed to supporting iOS 7 in the near future.
- Notes: In order to provide the best possible Notes experience, the Notes system will be moving to a more chat-like interface -- both on desktop and mobile. Notes will be grouped by deviant, which will make your inbox less cluttered.
- Push Notifications: Push notifications will keep you informed about timely and relevant content -- including comments, Notes, and other account-related activity.
- Continuous Updates: Development of the DeviantArt Mobile App is ongoing. We’re excited to release updates every two weeks providing stability improvements and bug fixes.
Watch Feed & Notifications
As we designed the DeviantArt Mobile App, we understood the need to build something that streamlined the DeviantArt experience. The Watch Feed was specifically built for smartphones and tablets. While we love the robust tools currently available in the Message Center of the desktop site, the Message Center is not an environment that works well on mobile. We will continue to improve the Watch Feed and Notifications on the DeviantArt Mobile App to make the art you crave and content you need more accessible.
Possibilities for What’s to Come
The first version of the DeviantArt Mobile App provides an entirely new way to experience the DeviantArt community. You’ll be able to browse art endlessly, stay intimately connected with your Watch List, and submit art on the go -- and there’s more on the way. As we continue to develop the app, more desktop site features will be supported.
The following features are not currently supported on mobile:
- Editing and deleting Deviations, Journals, Status Updates, Comments, Collections, and Galleries.
- Full Groups access
- Chat & Forums
- Full Sta.sh access
- Contest and challenges
- Commissions, Premium Content, and Downloads
Below is a list of prominent known issues:
- (iOS only) Content does not load (due to low memory). To fix, force quit the app and reopen.
- (iOS only) The app's bottom navigation bar is not present on Profiles.
- (iOS and Android) Images cannot be added to Literature.
- (iOS and Android) Images added to Status Updates cannot be opened. (Update: resolved!)
Get Started and Stay Tuned
If you have general feedback or feature requests, we’d love to hear your input! Please leave a comment on this journal.