St. Patrick's Day is here and deviantART is ready to celebrate in style! Put on your favorite green shirt, grab a "Kiss me, I'm Irish!" button, and prepare to win the pot of gold (prizes!) at the end of the rainbow because we've put together a new scuzzle for deviant sleuths to partake in.
Never heard of a scuzzle? It's a combination scavenger hunt and puzzle that involves both searching for pieces and puzzling them together.
Devious deviantART staff members took a photo of something w00tacularsomething St. Patrick's Day relatedand cut it into 30 evenly-sized pieces. We then hid the pieces all around deviantART: as deviations, in scraps, on dAmn, as avatars, and so on. They could be anywhere! But be careful; there may or may not be bogus scuzzle pieces to throw you off the trail. Once all 30 pieces are found, they can be arranged just like a puzzle. If puzzled correctly, the w00tacular photo will be revealed to you!
- Search deviantART for all 30 scuzzle pieces
- Correctly arrange the scuzzle pieces (see puzzle grid)
- Submit the finished product as either a deviation or puzzled together in a journal entry
- Post a comment on this article linking to the successfully completed scuzzle
- In your comment, include a creative caption referencing the scuzzle image (be funny, be scandalous, use l337-speak it's up to you!)
- You can enter as many times as you want
- Below is a piece to start you out:
- The contest begins on March 17th, 2009 at 2:00 PM PST and ends March 22nd at 11:59 PM PST. If no winning entries are received within this time period, no prizes will be awarded. You may enter as many times as you wish.
- The St. Patrick's Day Scuzzle is open to all deviantART members who are at least 13 years old for participation; however, only subscribers (both domestic and international) are eligible to win prizes. There is a charge for deviantART subscribers. deviantART staff, employees, volunteers and the immediate family members of any of those are not eligible to enter the contest.
- The prizes will only be awarded to a participant with an active subscription at the time he or she posts the completed scuzzle. If non-subscribers wish to be eligible for prizes, they must upgrade their deviantART membership before their submission to the contest.
Captions will be judged on the following criteria:
- Creative reference to the scuzzle image
- Ability to standout among other captions
- deviantART may use the name of any entrant in connection with the scuzzle.
- Any attempt to cheat at the scuzzle or to appropriate completed entries from other entrants will result in disqualification.
- deviantART is solely responsible for the conduct of the scuzzle. By participating you agree to be bound by these rules and by the decisions of the judges.
- Winners of the caption prizes will be announced by $Heidi.
Ideal for professional and serious amateur photographers, as well as web and graphic designers, Adobe® Photoshop® CS4 software brings you improved access to its unrivaled power through a more intuitive user experience, greater editing freedom, and significant workflow enhancements that simplify everyday tasks and deliver serious time savings.
To learn more about Photoshop CS4 and Lightroom 2 click here. Get free 30-day trial versions by clicking here or buy today and get 30% off Lightroom 2 when purchased together with Photoshop CS4 or Photoshop CS4 Extended on the adobe.com store. See here for details, terms, and conditions.